The name Paraskevi comes from the Greek word meaning preparation. It is also the Greek word for Friday.
There are several saints named Paraskevi (also spelled Parascheva or Paraskeva):
- Virgin-Martyr Paraskevi of Rome (July 26)
- St. Paraskevi the Fool-for-Christ; Russian (September 22)
- St. Parascheva the New; in the world "Petka"; also known as Paraskevi of Serbia (October 14)
- Great-martyr Paraskevi of Iconium (October 28)
- Righteous Virgin Paraskevi of Pirimin on the Pinega River (Archangelsk) (October 28)
- Martyr Paraskevi, sister to Great-martyr Photini the Samaritan Woman (February 26)