Revision as of 00:32, October 16, 2007 by Magda (New page: The name '''''Paraskevi''''' comes from the Greek word meaning ''preparation''. It is also the Greek word for ''Friday''. There are several saints named ''Paraskevi'' (also spell...)
The name Paraskevi comes from the Greek word meaning preparation. It is also the Greek word for Friday.
There are several saints named Paraskevi (also spelled Parascheva or Paraskeva):
- Virgin-Martyr Paraskevi of Rome (July 26)
- St. Parascheva the New; in the world "Petka"; also known as Paraskevi of Serbia (October 14)
- Great-martyr Paraskevi of Iconium (October 28)
- Righteous Virgin Paraskevi of Pirimin on the Pinega River (Archangelsk) (October 28)
- Martyr Paraskevi, sister to Great-martyr Photini the Samaritan Woman (February 26)