Orthodoxy in India
This article seeks to be a clearinghouse of information and links regarding the history and state of Orthodox Christianity in India.
Orthodox Church is the oldest of all christian communities in India. The church directly connects with Apostle Thomas and his evangalization in India.
The following are the list of Churches that follow Orthodoxy in India:
- Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (Oriental Orthodox Church)
- Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church (autonomous part of Syriac Orthodox Church)
- Malabar Independent Syrian Church (not in full communion with Oriental Orthodox Church)
- Archdiocese of Knanaya (part of Syriac Orthodox Church)
- 1 parish in New Delhi (St. Thomas, 2006)
- Church of Armenia (Diocese of India, communities in Calcutta, Chennai-Madras and Mumbai-Bombay)