(RSS, Atom, etc.)
For more information about RSS and news syndication, see:
About RSS/Atom Syndication
- Sharing Your Site with RSS by Jason Cook (May 14, 2003)
RSS / Atom newsreaders come in many different forms. Some are built into browsers, others work with Outlook or as free-standing programs on the desktop. Still others are web-based. A web search will turn up a lot of options! Some of our favorites include:
OrthodoxWiki newsfeeds for recent changes can be found here: RSS and Atom. For new pages: RSS and Atom. Many other Special pages also have newsfeeds available (e.g. "popular pages", "users", "wanted pages", etc.).
Jurisdictions and Dioceses
- Antiochian Orthodox Diocese in Western and Central Europe - Claims to offer the following RSS feeds (but they are nowhere to be found): Deanery News, The Dean Writes, Diocesan News, Journeys to Orthodoxy, Monthly Word, Schools Resources, Lincoln Newsletter, Louth Newsletter, London and Doncaster
- Diocese of the Midwest (OCA): RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, Atom
- A Guide to the Orthodox Christian Faith and Life from St. Aidan's Orthodox Church, Manchester, UK - RSS 0.91
- Christ the Savior Orthodox Church (OCA), Chicago, IL - RSS Fullposts, RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, Atom 0.3
Orthodox News services, etc.
Non-Orthodox Newsfeeds of Interest
- English Standard Version (ESV) RSS 2.0 Newsfeeds - Offers daily reading plans as well as verse of the day, and verse lookup options.
For newsfeeds for personal sites, email groups, and forums, please see Online Orthodox Communities