OrthodoxWiki talk:Logo Submissions
Note: Previous discussion has been archived
I'd like to thank everyone once again for their submissions. I'm grateful for all the time and effort people put into this. I'm also encouraged by seeing everyone's enthusiam for OrthodoxWiki. I wish I could award everyone a prize!
It's nice to see something of a consensus emerging with regard to HappyGrevling's "SealLogo1." I concur with this judgment. I think it looks dignified and professional, while capturing the Orthodox character and international scope of OrthodoxWiki. It's challenging to produce not only something that is of professional qulity, but also something which really captures the mission.
My only hesitation is that I'd love to see it brightened up a bit, especially the greenish band behind the letters. We could definitely work with it as is, though. According to Joe's suggestion, I'd also like to ask if H.G. would be willing to donate the black and white version for use on letterhead.
I'd like to give runner-up recognition to a number of others too:
- I'd like to ask User:Baker if he would be willing to donate his logos for possible use as a decoration for future printed publications.
- I'd like to ask User:Rublevpupil if he would be willing to donate his logos, especially #2 for use as a promotional link button.
- I would like to suggest that User:Raphael make his first logo available to the fledgling CopticWiki if they are interested.
- I'd also like to ask "a friend of Magda" if he'd be willing to donate "DEOWlogo2.png" as a possible link button as well.
Of course, if anyone else would like to formally donate their logos to OrthodoxWiki, we'd love to be keep them on hand for any future use. We don't want OWiki's visual identity to become too dispersed, but who knows what will come up?
Thanks again to everybody! Yours in Christ, Fr. John 14:19, November 16, 2005 (CST)
Any matching OrthodoxWiki Favicon?
This is now fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (not just when you bookmark a page, but also in the tabs and address bar).
--Arbible 16:05, November 16, 2005 (CST)
- Yep, I was thinking about that too. If you'd like to submit something that's great. Not sure what the best approach would be to reducing the new logo to 16 x 16! If we come up with something nice, I'll stick it into the new Firefox searchbar extension too! Fr. John
- P.S. I just submitted this to Mozilla for inclusion in the Firefox search plugins page (http://mycroft.mozdev.org/).
- P.P.S. Hey! It's already up there -- cool! (See http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.html?name=orthodox&submitform=Find+search+plugins)
- P.P.P.S. Hey, thanks for the WikiCities Logo Contest link. I had no idea other wiki projects were doing this kind of thing.