In a monastery, a trapeza (or refectory), is the dining hall where monks and pilgrims gather for food and conversation (although monks don't usually talk during meals). The OrthodoxWiki trapeza serves as the main discussion point for our website. Please feel free to join in—ask anything, suggest an idea, make a comment. We're glad to have you here. For other, more specifically designated discussion pages, check out the Community Portal.
- Archive 1, Feb 2005 – Dec 2005 (formerly the Anything Goes page)
- Archive 2, Feb 2005 – Aug 2006 (formerly the Questions page)
- Archive 3, Oct 2005 – Aug 2006 (moved from Talk:Main Page)
- Archive 4, Aug 2006 – Dec 2006 (2006 Trapeza archive)
- Archive 5, through November 2008
Please sign and date your comments by adding four tildes at the end: ~~~~
|Add new post|
Closing down OrthodoxSource and SR
Friends, I apologize for being absent for awhile. Please let me know if you have any outstanding wiki issues you need to resolve!
As of today, I am shutting down OrthodoxSource. Apologies to IXThis888, who has put in a good deal of work. However, there was not enough of a community of contibutors and moderators there, and I think it would be better for us all at this point to keep the focus on this wiki. Also, I will likely be shutting down SR soon. There has been no activity there for a long time, and I'm afraid that the required documents (about copyrights and policies) were never translated. — FrJohn (talk) 12:45, November 25, 2008 (UTC)
hi, i have photos of the raifa monastary i would like to upload as well as a convent neasr yoshkar ola russia which i do not beleive yet has an article how would i create a new article for this? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kharaku (talk • contribs) .
- Hello, on the left hand side of your screen ... scroll down until you see the words
"upload file" .. then follow the steps ...its not too hard and always someone will help you categorise your work ... Good luck! Vasiliki 01:16, November 29, 2008 (UTC)
Adding a Photo....
I have been wanting to post my photo, but do not know HTML. Could someone please give me a tip on how to do this?
- Give a thorough read to the materials linked in the welcome message on your talk page. There's plenty there that should help. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 23:56, December 3, 2008 (UTC)
Over at Citizendium, there is a programme whereby faculty at various universities enjoin their students to post their work. I was wondering if it would make sense here to start publishing seminarians' papers. They come with faculty oversight and would be of sufficient quality to support reliability here. Thomas Simmons 09:28, December 19, 2008 (PST)
- There is also a Wiki Site called "Patristic Wiki" that you should look at. Father John set it up recently (mid-November I think) and they are asking for people to contribute in regards to patristic related stuff .... 22:47, December 18, 2008 (UTC)
ROK's Basic Teaching on Human Dignity, Freedom and Rights
I learnt recently the Russian Church adopted a Basic Teaching on Human Dignity, Freedom and Rights. Metropolitan Kyrill held a speech at a conference in Vienna in 2006 where he said this teaching is meaningful to all christans and at the UN Human Rights Council he said in 2008 adoption of human rights is unsuccessful because it fades out moral. I believe this is important. Would there be interest to have an article on this topic?