Here follows a list of all OrthodoxWiki templates.
Note: This list excludes templates for the use in related Church Calendar articles for particular dates. If you create a new template for any reason, please add it to this list. An automatically created list of all templates is available.
Templates should be created with no uppercase letters (the first letter is automatically capitalized). This will allow consistent use of lowercase letters for all templates.
- Template:Citation - Denotes an unreferenced assertion. It can be expected that the assertion should be backed up as soon as possible, and may be in danger of being deleted.
- Template:Cleanup - Marks an article temporarily so that it can be brought to a higher standard
- Template:Deletion - Marks an article as one that should be deleted, usually for breach of the OrthodoxWiki Style Manual.
- Template:Disambig - Clears up cases where multiple usages exist for the same word
- Template:Disputed - Marks a page where factual accuracy is uncertain, and links to the discussion page.
- Template:Diversity - Marks an article needing expansion to include diverse liturgical practices.
- Template:English - Marks an article needing standardization of its English.
- Template:Expert - Marks an article needing help from an expert on the subject.
- Template:Incomplete - Indicates articles which are more than stubs, but still incomplete.
- Template:Inprogress - Tags an article temporarily while it's actively being developed
- Template:Note – A simple template to create a link back to a footnote reference. (use with Template:Ref)
- Template:Oriental - For articles which may represent an Oriental Orthodox (non-Chalcedonian) view
- Template:Orthodoxize - Tags an article which needs to be rewritten to conform to a Mainstream Chalcedonian Orthodox point of view.
- Template:Policy - For official OrthodoxWiki policy pages
- Template:Ref – A simple template to create a link to a footnote. (use with Template:Note)
- Template:Reorg - Similar to the cleanup template, used to mark an article or series of articles which need reorganization or restructuring
- Template:Stub - Indicates articles that are sorely incomplete. (You can find all stubs here.) Other stubs exist for specific use (see below).
- Template:TOCright - Moves the Table of Contents to the right ( __NOTOC__ hides the Table of Contents)
- Template:Alphatoc - Creates a compact Table of Contents for articles with alphabetical headers
- Template:Transfer - Marks an article or image for transfer to OrthodoxSource.
- Template:Osource - Indicates the existence of parallel material on OrthodoxSource.
- Template:Personal - Serves as a disclaimer regarding POV for articles hosted on a User's talk page.
These should be created with good judgment.
- Template:AusEpisStub - Hierarch who served in Australasia
- Template:AusMonStub - Australian Monastery
- Template:AusPerStub - Orthodox personality in Australasia
- Template:Welcome - Used to welcome and orient new members
- Template:Acceptrevised - Add to your User page to show retroactive acceptance of dual-licensing (for edits prior to Nov. 22, 2005; cf. Copyrights)
- Template:Discussion - Inspired by User:Arbible, this template makes a nice header for User Talk pages
- Template:Double - Used to identify an account operated by the same user that has a different account. Sometimes these are authorized. More often the duplicate is volunteered by the user and blocked. Please see OrthodoxWiki:User guidelines for more information.
- Template:Imgdel - Used to alert a user that an uploaded image has been deleted.
- Template:Independent - Used to mark users who advertise their status as members of so-called "independent" Orthodox churches. We use this so that unsuspecting members will not be mistaken about their canonical status, as well as to avoid the criticism that OrthodoxWiki let's anybody represent Orthodoxy. As with other users, their submissions will be judged according to the quality of the content and its conformity with Orthodox teaching.
- Template:Vandalbot - Used for identified vandal/spambots
- Template:Unsigned - for marking unsigned comments
These templates have fields in which addition information, specific to the article, should be added. Fields left blank or deleted will show an error rather than be removed from the template: — or unknown should be used for inapplicable or missing information. (See the particular talk pages for an explanation of the fields.)
- Template:Church - Used for the main Church jurisdictions (not for a parish)
- Template:Diocese - Used for a diocese within a jurisdiction
- Template:Monastery - Used for a monastery
- Template:Succession - Used to show hierarchical succession; to be preceded by Template:Start box and followed by Template:End box; may be used in series (only one start and one end box in this case)
Copyright and Source Templates
- Template:Prerevised - Marks articles with some content posted prior to the copyright policy revision on 11/22/05 that has not been relicensed. This material requires further confirmation from authors for technical compatibility with the GFDL.
- Template:Copyright - Indicates that there is a possible copyright violation
- Template:Default - used for images uploaded by the author or copyright holder under OrthodoxWiki's default terms.
- Template:CopyrightedFreeUse -
- Template:Amazonimages - Used for all images coming from Amazon.com (esp. book cover illustrations). Please refer to Wikipedia's Images from Amazon.com for usage guidelines.
- Template:Beinecke - For images from the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Yale University
- Template:Cc_by-nc-nd - Creative Commons Attribution/Non-Commercial/No Derivative Works License
- Template:Cc by-nc-sa - Creative Commons Attribution/Non-Commercial/Share-alike License
- Template:Cc by-sa - Creative Commons Attribution/Share-alike License
- Template:Cc by - Creative Commons Attribution License
- Template:Commons - Indicates that an image has been imported from the Wikimedia Commons
- Template:Cts.edu - For images from Christian Theological Seminary (cts.edu)
- Template:Fairuse - Asserts that this image or article falls under laws governing fair use
- Template:Flickr - Used for images from Flickr imported under a Creative Commons license
- Template:Gfdl - The GNU Free Documentation License
- Template:Hlp - Used for images from Holy Land Photos
- Template:Htm - Used for icons taken from Holy Transfiguration Monastery
- Template:Limited - Used for an image which is specifically permitted for the use of OrthodoxWiki in its unaltered form
- Template:Oca - Indicates that an image was used by permission from OCA.org; permission must be requested for each image (cf. here)
- Template:OWiki - Used for articles, images, etc., for which OrthodoxWiki and its operator(s) hold the copyright and where all rights are reserved.
- Template:Pd - Used for image or article which is known to be in the public domain
- Template:Skete.com - Used for icons taken from St. Isaac of Syria Skete
- Template:Loc - Used for images from the Library of Congress Photo Archive (http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/)
- Template:Defaultcopy - This template is used for noting items that have been submitted under OrthodoxWiki's default copyright policy.
- Template:Farley - Currently unused
- Template:Damickcopy - For ASDamick's stuff
- Template:Angels - For the articles about the ranks of angels
- Template:Churches - Autocephalous and Autonomous Churches of Orthodoxy
- Template:Clergy - Articles on clergy
- Template:Orientalchurches - Churches of the Oriental Orthodox Communion
- Template:Orthodoxyinamerica - A bird's eye view of Orthodoxy in America
- Template:Orthodoxyinasia - Orthodoxy in Asia
- Template:Orthodoxyinaustralasia - Orthodoxy in Australasia
- Template:Orthodoxyinjapan - Orthodoxy in Japan
- Template:Orthodoxchristianity - An introduction series on Orthodox beliefs
- Template:Parishes of Australasia and Oceania - For the "List of parishes in ..." series
- Template:Parishes of South, East, and Southeast Asia - For the "List of parishes in ..." series
- Template:Parishes of the USA - For the "List of parishes in [state-name]" series