January 1, 2006
We are beginning the new year off with approximately 1,345 content pages and 756 registered users. We've had 860,392 page views, and 24,162 page edits since the wiki was setup. In December, 2005, we had 17990 unique vistors, down slightly from last month.
Our Alexa ranking is now 422,224, which is up 40,337 from the last update.
Mysteriously, we are showing over 5500 page loads from the FAA. Does one of our active members work there?
Top keywords (with over twenty search engine referrals) for December are: philokalia (120), nativity icon (94), david bentley hart (63), filioque (44), protoevangelion (39), icon corners (37), theotokos (36), protoevangelion of james (36), sarum rite (35), kontakion (34), orthros (32), byzantine chant (29), icon corner (28), st. basil s cathedral (25), and french saints (22).
December 3, 2005 Update
For the month of November, we had 18985 unique visitors. That's up a little from last month. We're up to 1275 articles and 641 registered users.
October 27, 2005 Update
OrthodoxWiki is almost a year old!
It's been awhile since we've had an update on OrthodoxWiki's web stats. I was happily suprised to find an exponential increase in traffic.
Through the month of October, we've been averaging about 1200 unique visits a day -- that's how many we used to get in a whole month.
As of today, we've had 12975 unique visitors, averaging 2.23 visits each, and 11.53 pages. About 70% stayed less than two minutes, but more than 10% stuck for more than an hour.
The top 25 countries represented (according to internet reckoning) are (in order): United States, Great Britain, Australia, Unknown, European Union, Canada, China, Germany, Greece, Romania, Finland, Sweden, Netherlands, Egypt, France, Singapore, Yugoslavia, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Japan, Denmark, Russian Federation, New Zealand, and Hong Kong.
More of our referral traffic (excluding search engine traffic) is still coming from blog sites, with various Orthodox link directories making a nice showing.
Other facts you might find interesting:
- 90% of folks accessing OrthodoxWiki are using some kind of Windows system, with 244 hits coming from "Windows Codename Longhorn." 6.3% are from Mac users, and 3.4% for all others, including 0.8% for Linux.
- 73.1% of people are using some variation of Internet Explorer, 13.1% Firefox, 1.6% Netscape, 4.9% Mozilla, 4.2% Safari, and 0.7% Opera.
- Though still a very small number, more hits are beginning to show up from cell phones and PDA's.
- Monday and Tuesday beat out Saturday and Sunday as the most trafficked days.
- The Main Page is most frequently landed on, and the List of American monasteries is number two, but Harold of England beats out John Chrysostom for third place.
As of this moment, there are 4,631 total pages in the database. This includes "talk" pages, pages about OrthodoxWiki, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that probably don't qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 1,164 pages that are probably legitimate content pages.
There have been a total of 505,495 page views, and 17,464 page edits since the wiki was setup. That comes to 3.77 average edits per page, and 28.94 views per edit.
There are 475 registered users, of which 11 (2.32%) are administrators.
Feb-April 2005 Updates
With the spike in content over the past month, OrthodoxWiki has experienced a marked rise in visitors from various search engines, especially Google. Some of the more interesting search queries can be found at OrthodoxWiki:Keyphrases. At this point, we're also averaging well over 1500 unqiue visits a month, from at least 50 countries around the world including every continent except Antarctica. As of early February, the top five countries are: the U.S., Austrailia, the Russian Federation, Greece, and Great Britain. Stats for the wiki itself are available at here.
- As of March 26th, it looks like we are averaging 200 unique visits a day, which is about 6000 a month. That's a great increase! We're up to 455 articles now.
- As of April 23rd, we're averaging about 300 visits a day.