Attention, Attention! The Orthodox Wiki Logo contest is now open!
We are seeking a professional-quality logo to enhance the look and feel of these pages.
Here's what we're looking for:
- The logo should be approximately 150 x 150 px in order to fit in the top left corner of the site.
- It should be submitted as a web-optimized JPG, GIF or PNG for display, but a higher-resolution, layered PSD or PNG format should be made available upon request.
- It should integrate well with the current look and feel of the site.
- To this end, a transparent background is recommended, but not required.
- It should somehow incorporate the words "OrthodoxWiki".
- It should either shrink well or come with a small version. It should also be accompanied by a high resolution version.
- It should look professional but not boring, with a little bit of flair.
- It should reflect the pan-Orthodox character of OrthodoxWiki and capture something of the project we're engaged in here.
- It should not include an icon, although iconographic elements are acceptable.
The reward will be a $25 gift cerficate from Amazon.com, our heartfelt gratitude, and perpetual recognition on the pages of OrthodoxWiki.*
Logos should be submitted on the OrthodoxWiki:Logo Submissions page or emailed to the webmaster at info at OrthodoxWiki dot org. If you want to post a rough draft to get feedback before putting in too many hours of work, that's great.
All users are welcome to comment and vote. All feedback will carefully be considered, but FrJohn reserves the sole right to decide in the matter and will also decide when the contest is closed. We expect this to happen when an attractive, imaginitive, and appropriate design catches our eyes.
We are excited to see what people can come up with!
- Perpetual is defined as the foreseeable life of the site.
- Upon acceptance of the logo, it becomes the sole property of OrthodoxWiki and its operator(s) until the end of the age or the disappearance of OrthodoxWiki, whichever comes first.