Difference between revisions of "Nicholas (Iuhoş)"
m (→Biographical sketch)
m (cleanup - link)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Nicholas (Iuhos)''' born ''Nicolae Iuhos'') was a [[priest]] and [[archimandrite]] in the [[Church of Romania]], [[Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia]] and [[Orthodox Church in America]]. He went into schismto the [[Holy Orthodox Church in North America]], [[Russian Orthodox Church in Exile#Current status|True Russian Orthodox Church (D)]], and now [[Russian True-Orthodox Church (Vyacheslav)]]. He is RTOC-V [[Bishop]] of Cincinnati and America, and Secretary of their Synod of Bishops.
Revision as of 17:05, March 14, 2013
Nicholas (Iuhos) (born Nicolae Iuhos) was a priest and archimandrite in the Church of Romania, Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia and Orthodox Church in America. He went into schism to the Holy Orthodox Church in North America, True Russian Orthodox Church (D), and now Russian True-Orthodox Church (Vyacheslav). He is RTOC-V Bishop of Cincinnati and America, and Secretary of their Synod of Bishops.
- 1952 February 9: Born in Shilindru, Romania.
- 1973: Ordained to the priesthood in the Church of Romania. Served in Oradea, Romania.
- 1981: Complete the Orthodox Institute in Sibiu, Romania.
- 1982: Elevated to Archpriest.
- 1984: Undertook pilgrimage to Jerusalem and the Holy Land. After this, he remained in the West. He moved to Germany, and transferred to ROCOR.
- 1987: Moved to Australia. Served as second priest at the Church of the Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos, Dandenong (Victoria, Australia) to care for Romanian-speaking faithful.
- 1991: Rector of Ss. Peter and Paul Church, Perth (Western Australia).
- 1991: Became a monk, elevated to Igumen.
- 1992: Transferred to serve in Jerusalem.
- late 1990s: Served as rector of St. Catherine's Church, Moscow, the representation church of the Orthodox Church in America to the Church of Russia.
- 2000s: Moved to the United States.
- At some point, he was elevated to Archimandrite.
- 2005: Established Holy Cross Monastery in Niagara Falls, New York, under the Orthodox Church in America.
- 2009: Left the Church and joined the schismatic Holy Orthodox Church in North America.
- 2010 February 22: Left HOCNA and joined the "True Russian Orthodox Church", under Metropolitan Damascene of Moscow.
- 2010 June 12: Archimandrite Nicholas was consecrated as Bishop of Cincinnati by Metropolitan Damascene of Moscow, Archbishop John of Zaporizhzya and Little Rus', and Bishop Andrian of Chisinau and Moldova as head of the North American Vicariate of the "True Russian Orthodox Church."
- 2012 April 26: Bishop Nicholas is accepted into the Russian True-Orthodox Church under Metropolitan Alexey (Bondarenko) of Moscow.
- Archimandrite Nicholas (Yuhosh) (Russian)
- Сообщение о переходе архимандрита Николая (Юхош) в Российскую Православную Церковь (Russian)
- Архиерейская хиротония в Российской Православной Церкви (Russian)
- Письмо митрополита Дамаскина (Балабанова) епископу Николаю (Юхош) (Russian)
- ЕПИСКОПАТ Российская Истинно-Православная Церковь (Russian)
- РАЗВАЛ РОСПЦ(Д): Бывший епископ РосПЦ(Д) Николай (Юхош) все-таки не вступил в ИПЦ(Р): "от сатаны к диаволу", -- обличив владык РосПЦ(Д) Д.Балабанова, И.Зиновьева в алкоголизме и безблагодатности Меч и Трость (Russian)
- Николай (Юхош), Епископ Синсиннатский Иерархия литургических церквей (Russian)