Nicephorus the Leper
Troparion (Tone 3)
- O venerable father Nicephorus the Leper,
- your struggles and courageous asceticism dumbfounded heaven's angels.
- Like another Job in pain,
- you endured and gave glory to God.
- And so, he arranged for you a resplendent crown of miracles.
- Rejoice, O guide of monastics!
- Rejoice, O prism of light!
- Rejoice, O delightful fragrance radiating from your relics!
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- O venerable father Nicephorus,
- shunning pain and bodily corruption,
- like a horse you gallop towards the heavens,
- the steadfast support of lepers.
- A brilliantly lit temple of God,
- your body shone in its illness.