Monastery of Prophet Elias (Monarto, South Australia)
|Holy Monastery of the Prophet Elias|
|Jurisdiction||Diocese of Australia and New Zealand (ROCOR)|
|Location||Monarto South, South Australia, Australia|
|Music used||Russian Chant|
|Feastdays celebrated||20 Jul/2 Aug|
|Official website||none advertised|
The Holy Monastery of the Prophet Elias is a monastic community for men under the Diocese of Australia and New Zealand, ROCOR. The monastery is located in Monarto South, South Australia, and was established by Hieromonk Benjamin, who remains the abbot.
Currently, the Monastery also has a leading role in running the Holy Cross Australian Orthodox Mission in Melbourne.
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Archim. Basil (Patr. Vicar)
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
Articles about the Mission
- The sweet lilt of English, as reported in The Age.
Articles by the Abbot
- Intercessions and the Liturgy (in Orthodox Contact, September 1998).
- Parish directory of ROCOR Diocese of Australia and New Zealand.
- The Orthodox Monastery in South Australia - an article by Fr Geoff Harvey about the monastery and its abbot, in preparation for the Youth Retreat in 2001.
- Orthodox Contact of April 2002 mentions Fr Benjamin making a presentation on monasticism.
|Orthodoxy in Australia: Monasteries|
|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia|
| Male: Pantanassa | St George | St John |
Female: Gorgoepikoos | Holy Cross
|Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia|
| Male: Holy Transfiguration | Archangel Michael |
Proph. Elias | St John the Baptist | Holy Trinity
Female: Our Lady of Kazan | Presentation
| Male: New Kalenic (Serbian) | St Sava (Serbian) |
Female: St Anna (Antiochian) | Nativity Skete (Serbian)