Monastery of Gorgoepikoos (Geelong, Victoria)
|Holy Monastery of Gorgoepikoos|
|Approx. size||4 nuns|
|Location||Geelong, Victoria, Australia|
|Liturgical language(s)||Greek, English|
|Music used||Byzantine Chant|
|Feastdays celebrated|| Jan 2 (Chapel)|
Oct 1 (Monastery)
|Official website||none advertised|
The Holy Monastery of Gorgoepikoos (She who is Quick to Hear) is a monastic community for women under the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. The monastery is located in Lovely Banks, Geelong, Victoria, and was established under the omophorion of His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos of Australia in May 1993 by Mother Kallistheni, who remains the abbess. Currently, the monastery has 4 nuns (including the abbess) who can all speak fluent English.
Programme for members of the Public
- Monday: Open between 2-5pm on School and Public holidays.
- Tuesday: Open between 9am and 5pm.
- 9am Divine Liturgy.
- Wednesday: Closed.
- Thursday: Open between 9am and 5pm.
- 3pm Vespers.
- Friday: Closed.
- Saturday: Open between 9am and 5pm.
- 3pm Paraklesis.
- Monthly: 8am Matins in Greek and English, 9am Divine Liturgy in English. (Timetable)
- Sunday: Open between 2-5pm.
- 3pm Paraklesis.
- Second Archdiocesan District of Victoria and Tasmania
- February issue of Orthodox Contact. The last article is of a visit the monasteries of St Anna and Gorgoepikoos.
|Orthodoxy in Australia: Monasteries|
|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia|
| Male: Pantanassa | St George | St John |
Female: Gorgoepikoos | Holy Cross
|Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia|
| Male: Holy Transfiguration | Archangel Michael |
Proph. Elias | St John the Baptist | Holy Trinity
Female: Our Lady of Kazan | Presentation
| Male: New Kalenic (Serbian) | St Sava (Serbian) |
Female: St Anna (Antiochian) | Nativity Skete (Serbian)