Metropolis of Servia and Kozani
The Metropolis of Servia and Kozani is one of the metropolises of the New Lands in Greece that is within the jurisdiction of the Church of Constantinople but de facto is administered for practical reasons as part of the Church of Greece under an agreement between the churches of Athens and Constantinople. The metropolis is located in Greek West Macedonia.
The town of Servia was visited by the Apostle Paul when he traveled through on his missionary trip to Macedonia. First mention of an episcopal see in the area was in the fifth century as the Bishopric of Caesarea. The seat was moved to Servia in the ninth century as the Bishopric of Servia and remained there until 1745. The seat was then moved to Kozani, and its title was changed to "Servia and Kozani". In 1664, the Church of St. Nicholas was built in Kozani.
- Paul (Papalexiou) 2004- Present
- Amvrosios (Giakalis) 1998 - 2004
Monasteries in the metropolis
- Monastery of the Holy Theotokos (Panagia) in Znadio For Men
- Monastery of the Holy Trinity in Larious For Men
- Monastery of St. Antonios in Siapka For Women
- Monastery of the Holy Trinity in Velvendou For Women
- Holy Metropolis of Servia and Kozani
- Wikipedia: Diocese_of_Servia_and_Kozani
- Holy Synod
- [Election of Metropolitans of Thessaloniki, Eleftheroupolis, Servia and Kozani, and Mesogaia and Lavreotiki]