Difference between revisions of "Metropolis of Kaisariani, Vyron and Ymittos"
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
[[Category:Greek Dioceses| Kaisariani]]
Latest revision as of 19:48, August 12, 2012
The Metropolis of Kaisariani, Vyron and Ymittos, also Metropolis of Kaisariani, Vyronas and Hymettus, is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece. The metropolis is located in the eastern suburbs of Athens, Greece.
The metropolis as now constituted is relatively new as it includes the suburb of Vyronas which was named after George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron, the nineteenth century English poet and writer, who is national hero of Greece.
- Monastery of Presentation of Theotokos at Vyrona For Men
- Monastery of Ascension at Vyrona, a Metochi of Simonopetra Monastery of Mount Athos For Men
- Monastery of Taxiarxon (Archangels), a Metochi of Theofileon Brotherhood of Mount Athos For Men
- Monastery of St. John Prodromos (Forerunner) at Kareas For Women
- Monastery of St. John Prodromos (Forerunner) at Kaisariani For Women