Metropolis of Florina, Prespai, and Eordaia
The Metropolis of Florina, Prespai, and Eordaia is one of the metropolises of the New Lands in Greece that are within the jurisdiction of the Church of Constantinople but de facto are administered for practical reasons as part of the Church of Greece under an agreement between the churches of Athens and Constantinople.
Historical Appellations of the Metropolis
- Diocese of Lygkos (4th c.)
- Diocese of Heraclea Lyncestis (5th c.)
- Diocese of Kellis (8th c.)
- Diocese of Moglena (start 11th c.)
- Diocese of Moglena and Moleschou (16th c.)
- Diocese of Moglena and Katranitsis (1720)
- Metropolis of Moglena and Florina (1912)
- Metropolis of Florina, Almopia, and Eordaia (1943)
- Metropolis of Florina, Prespai, and Eordaia (1967)
- Augustinos (Kantiotes) 1967 - 2000
- Chrysostomos (Kavourides) ca.1926 - 1932
Monasteries in the metropolis
- Monastery of the Assumption Kladorrachis Florina Founded 1770
- Monastery of Agia Paraskevi Milochoriou Eordaia Founded 1966
- Monastery of St. Gregory Palamas Founded 2004
- Monastery of Agios Kosmas Ardassis Aetolians Founded 2004
- Monastery of St. Mark, First of Florina Founded 1864
- Monastery of St. Augustine of Florina Founded 1999
- Monastery of Ss. Panteleimon and Evvoulis Founded 2004
- (Greek) Florina, Prespai and Eordaia. Church of Greece.
- (Greek) ec-patr: Florina, Prespes and Eordea Mr. Theoklitos. Ecumenical Patriarchate.
- (Greek) ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΦΛΩΡΙΝΑΣ.