Metropolis of Edessa and Pella
The Metropolis of Edessa and Pella, also Metropolis of Edessa, Pella, and Almopia, is one of the metropolises of the New Lands in Greece that is within the jurisdiction of the Church of Constantinople but de facto is administered for practical reasons as part of the Church of Greece under an agreement between the churches of Athens and Constantinople. The metropolis is located in Central Greek Macedonia in northern Greece.
A bishopric of Edessa is recorded from the seventh century when Bishop Isidoros attended the Quinisext Council in 692. Later, the area was settled by Slavs who remained after the area fell to the Ottoman Turks in the last decade of the fourteenth century. The Edessa area became part of Greece after the Balkans War in 1912.
- Monastery of the Archangel Michael in Aridea For Men
- Monastery of Transfiguration of Christ in Marina For Men
- Monastery of the Prophet Elias For Men
- Monastery of the Dormition in Gianitsa For Women
- Monastery of the Holy Trinity in Edessa For Women
- Monastery of the Elevation of the Holy Cross in Mesimeri For Women
- Monastery of St. Gregory Palamas in Koufalia For Women
- Monastery of St. Hilarion, Bishop of Moglenon For Women