Difference between revisions of "Metropolis of Alexandroupolis, Traianoupolis and Samothrace"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
The current [[metropolitan]] is His Eminence [[Anthimos (Koukouridis)]]
The current [[metropolitan]] is His Eminence [[Anthimos (Koukouridis)]][[Anthimos ()]] .
==List of Parishes==
==List of Parishes==
Revision as of 06:52, March 27, 2008
The Metropolis of Alexandroupolis, Traianoupolis and Samothrace is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece.
The Metropolis of Alexandroupolis was originally under the Metropolis of Traianoupolis, later under the episcopacy of Ainou and the Metropolis of Maronias. In 1885, the city "Dedeagats" (Alexandroupolis today) split from the Metropolis of Maronias and combined with the Metropolis of Ainou.
In November of 1922, a Synodical decision was made under the Ecumenical Patriarch Meletios Metaxakis, founding the Metropolis of Alexandroupolis with various constraints.
Today the Metropolis has about 80 clerics, 61 parishes, 3 holy monuments, 2 holy monasteries, 3 philanthropic organisations and 20 graveyards with churches.
The current metropolitan is His Eminence Anthimos (Koukouridis), born January 2, 1962 in Alexandroupolis, he was ordained a priest by the previous Metropolitan of Alexandroupolis His Eminence Anthimos (Roussa) in 1989. He was elected in 1993.
List of Parishes
- St Nicholas (Metropolitan)
- St Eleutherios
- St Kyriakis [www.inakalex.gr]
- The Transfiguration of Christ
- St Nektarios
- St Basil
- St Andrew
- Panagias Kosmosotiras
- St Nicholas
- St Alexandros
- Elevation of the Holy Cross (new Kosmosotiras)
- Ss. Anargyroi, Poros
- St. Demetrios, Dikella
- The Holy Monastery of St. John the Theologian (Aetohori, Evrou) - founded in 1981.
- The Holy Monastery of "Panagia of Evrou" (Makris, Alexandroupolis) - founded in 1978.
- St. Athanasios "Alonion Samothraces" – metochia of Iviron monastery at Mount Athos
- Church of Greece Website (Greek and English)
- The Metropolis of Alexandroupolis, Traianoupolis and Samothrace Official Website (Greek)