Metropolis of Aitolia and Akarnania
|This article is marked as in progress by Vasiliki, who is actively developing it. It has yet to achieve a stable or complete form and is currently being worked on. Please carefully consider before making major edits to this article.|
The Metropolis of Aitolia and Acarnania ((Gr: Αιτωλοακαρνανία, also Aitoloakarnania) is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece. It is located in the western part of Greece; the prefecture is a combination of the regions of Aetolia and Acarnania.
His Eminence Metropolitan Kosmas (Papachristos) of Aitolia and Akarnania was born in 1945 in Skoutesiada of Agrinio.
- Messolonghi also
- Iera Polis Messolonghi
- The Holy Monastery of St. Eleousa ([[w:Messolonghi|Messolonghi, Aetolia)
- The Holy Monastery of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary (Myerta)
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos in Retha
- The Holy Monastery of St. George (Astakos
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos, in Romvos
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos in Katerinous
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of Theotokos in Ligovitsi
- The Holy Monastery of St. Symeon (Messolongi)
- The Holy Monastery of the Pantokrator "Almighty" (Angelokastro)
- The Holy Monastery of St. Kosmas the Aitolian - Building under construction 2007-2008.
- Drosinio Orphanage
- Sevilion Home for the Aged
- Kosmas o Etolos (St. Kosmas from Etolia) monthly periodical
- Church of Greece Website (Greek and English)