Welcome! OrthodoxWiki has just opened. Things are still pretty rough around here, but we're making progress everyday. Want to help?
This site is shamelessly modelled on Wikipedia.org. Please visit http://meta.wikimedia.org for lots of information about how things work around here.
Places to Start
Pages under development
- Orthodox Church
- Category:Liturgical Chant
- Category:Church History
- Category:Ecumenical Councils
- Orthodoxy in Africa
- Online Orthodox Communities
- Orthodox Charities
- Orthodox Books available online
- Seminaries and Theological Schools
- Journeys to Orthodoxy (Testimonies)
- Orthodox Catechisms in English
- Magazines and Publications
- Chinese Orthodoxy
- Mosaic and Glasswork
- Orthodox Schools (K-12, maybe colleges too)
- Pan-Orthodox Organizations
- Anti-Orthodox Polemics
- The Jesus Prayer
- Why are Vigil Lamps lit before Icons? - by St. Bishop Nicholai (Velimirovich)
- Canons of the Orthodox Church
- Orthodox Media - Radio, T.V., and Internet stations and shows
How to Contribute
Hop right in -- just click edit to begin. Click the "editing help" link for details on creating your new page. Create a link to a new page (using double brackets around a word or a set of words) and then click on it to create that page too. The WYSIWIG editor helps with most browsers. We also recommend the Wikipedia Extension for Mozilla Firefox
Start a new discussion. What do you know about? Do you know some excellent Byzantine chant CDs? Share the knowledge! Have you read an excellent book? Post a review. See something missing? Add it! If you're serious about helping us, please register. Then you can go to Special:Listusers and click on your name to create your custom profile page.
Want to adopt OrthodoxWiki in a language besides English? Let us know! Driven to submit a new logo? We'd love to see it! Contact us at info at orthodoxwiki dot org.