Difference between revisions of "Liturgy of St. Gregory"
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
*[http://..org/// The Divine Liturgy according to the Rite of St. Gregory] as celebrated by the Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate.
Revision as of 15:55, July 10, 2012
|This article forms part|
of the series on the
|Rule of St. Benedict |
|Liturgy of St. Gregory |
Liturgy of St. Tikhon
Liturgy of St. Germanus
|Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate |
Society of St. Basil
Orthodox Church of France
Holy Name Abbey (Old Calendarist)
|Edit this box|
The Divine Liturgy of St. Gregory is one of the liturgies authorized for use by the Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate (AWRV). The AWRV's only authorized text of the Mass is found in the Orthodox Missal. The basis of the liturgy is the Tridentine Mass as it was celebrated by the Society of Clerks Secular of St. Basil (SSB), a formerly independent church that formed the basis of the Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate in 1961. It is also authorized for use within the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR). The Liturgy of St. Gregory has also been authorized for use by and celebrated within the Polish Orthodox Church, the Patriarchate of Moscow, the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, and the Alexandrian Patriarchate.
Structure of the Ordinary
- The Preparation for Mass
- Kyrie eleison (nine-fold)
- Gloria in excelsis
- Collect of the Day
- Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed
- Lord's Prayer
- Agnus Dei
- Prayers before Communion (including "I believe, O Lord, and I confess....")
- Holy Communion
- Prayer of thanksgiving after Communion
- Blessing of the faithful
- Last Gospel (Prologue of St. John's Gospel)
- The Divine Liturgy according to the Rite of St. Gregory as celebrated by the Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate.
- Orthodox Missal (Saint Luke's Priory Press, 1995)
- Saint Andrew's Service Book, 2nd edition (Antiochian Archdiocese, 1996)
- Review essay on the Saint Andrew's Service Book in St Vladimir's Theological Quarterly, Vol. 41 (1997), No. 2-3, pp. 249-268.