The heresy of Jehovah's Witnesses is clearly presented in their books; some of which are the following:
- Their book "The Truth that leads to eternal life," P. 24: [The Holy Spirit is not a Person, but God’s effective Power.]
- Their book "Let God Be True", P. 113: [The allegation of the clergy that the Holy Spirit is a third Spiritual Person, is an allegation based on a weak basis. It is the result of bad translation of the Greek original text, giving a word that means Person. But actually the origin means "breeze" or "wind", for as the breeze or the wind is invisible so also is God's Spirit. Whenever God’s Spirit comes upon a person, that person receives an authorization from God to perform a certain work. The Holy Spirit is the Power of God Almighty and Invisible. He is the Power that motivates God's servants to do His will.]
- Their book "This is eternal life", P. 176: [The Spirit is Power not a Person. He is the Effective Holy Power originating from the bountiful source God.]
- Their book "Talk from the Holy Scriptures", P. 132: [God's Holy Spirit is His Effective Power.]
To sum up, their denial of the Hypostatic Nature of the Holy Spirit is a part of their denial of the Three Persons. Accordingly they deny the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. Jehovah's Witnesses also believe that Jesus Christ is the Archangel Michael. They say that Jesus Christ Himself does not have an immortal soul, but gained immortality as a reward for His success in the test and for His faithfulness to the Father until death.
Jehovah's Witnesses have their own false translation of the Bible. They believe in numerous resurrections, each one being for a particular group of people, and in an eternal earthly paradise (earthly resurrection for the good). They do not believe in the immortality of the soul. Instead, they believe in the annihilation of the wicked and not in their torture. They do not believe in the intercession of the departed saints.
- Jehovah's Witnesses Watchtower Society Official Web Site
- Jehovah's Witnesses on Wikipedia
- List of Jehovah's Witnesses literature (Wikipedia)
- Jehovah's Witnesses - The Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
- Bishop of the Moscow Patriarchate: Orthodox should be missionaries to the Jehovah’s Witnesses