Difference between revisions of "Jean-Claude Larchet"
m (interwiki ro)
m (interwiki fr)
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Revision as of 17:50, March 22, 2012
Dr. Jean-Claude Larchet is a French Orthodox researcher who is one of the foremost Orthodox Patristics scholars writing today. Born in 1949, Dr. Larchet holds doctorates in philosophy (1987) and theology (1994) from the University of Strasbourg. He is one of the very few contemporary authors who is able seamlessly to combine rigorous scholarship with a vibrant sense of the inner life of the Church. His prolific writings on the spirituality of the Fathers of the Church have been translated into no less than 12 languages. Dr. Larchet converted to the Orthodox Church from the Roman Catholic Church at the age of 21.
- (French) La Divinisation de l'homme selon saint Maxime le Confesseur (1996)
- (French) Maxime le Confesseur, médiateur entre l'Orient et l'Occident (1998)
- (French) Saint Maxime le Confesseur (2003)
Series on Illness and Healing
Equally remarkable is his three-part series on illness and healing in the Patristic tradition:
- (French) Théologie de la maladie (1991)
- (French) Thérapeutique des maladies mentales (1992)
- (French) Thérapeutique des maladies spirituelles (1997).
The first two volumes have appeared in English translation under the titles:
Unfortunately, the third volume – the masterpiece of the trilogy, and the heftiest (864 pages in French) – has not yet appeared in English, however according to Dr. Larchet an English translation of "The Therapy of Spiritual Illness" is forthcoming from Alexander Press.[note 1]
- On the Love of Enemies: The Teaching of St. Silouan. In Communion. (Posted Sunday, October 24th, 2004)
- The Question of the Roman Primacy in the Thought of Saint Maximus the Confessor. In: Cardinal Walter Kasper. The Petrine Ministry: Catholics and Orthodox in Dialogue: Academic Symposium Held at the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity. The Newman Press, 2006. pp.188-209.
- The third volume of Dr. Larchet's trilogy – The Therapy of Spiritual Illness - has been released in Greek translation by Apostoliki Diakonia (the official imprint of the Church of Greece) under the title:
- Apostoliki Diakonia. New Publications: The Healing of Spiritual Disorders: An Introduction in the Ascetic Tradition of the Orthodox Church, Vol. A'. By Jean Claude Larchet. Transl. into Greek by Christos Koulas. 2009.
- Fr. Felix Culpa. Jean-Claude Larchet. ORA ET LABORA. May 10, 2009.
- Jean-Claude Larchet. ORA ET LABORA. Friday, May 8, 2009.