Revision as of 19:18, June 26, 2011 by Wsk (format)
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in NZ - Timeline |
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|Greek - Met Amphilochios|
Antiochian - Apr Jack Witbrock
ROCOR - Apr Vladimir Boikov
Serbian - Apr Velibor Bojičić
Romanian - Bp Mihail
|Edit this box|
V. Rev. Fr. Jack Witbrock is the Dean of New Zealand, in the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand.
- 1971: Anglican priest Fr. Jack Witbrock converts to Orthodoxy.
- 1972 Sep: Bishop Gibran ordains Fr. Jack Witbrock to the diaconate ::and priesthood in St. Nicholas Church, Melbourne. Appoints Fr. Jack as Rector of St. Michael Church, Dunedin, New Zealand. Fr. Jack arrived at Dunedin a month later. After his arrival as the priest of St. Michael's Church, he originated the newsletter Spotlight which carried "news of the Antiochian and other Orthodox Churches in New Zealand and around the world." Since then the newsletter has gone online at the New Zealand Deanery Website.
- 1973 Antiochian Mission in Christchurch begins, regularly visited by Fr. Jack.
- 1974 Antiochian Mission in Auckland begins, regularly visited by Fr. Jack until 1978.
- 1984: Fr. Jack is transferred to Christchurch.
- 1998 Nov: Hutt Valley Mission of St. John (Antiochian) began with first visit by Fr. Jack.
- 2000 Jul: Metropolitan Archbishop Paul makes his first archpastoral visit to New Zealand. Fr. Jack Witbrock and Fr. Ilyan Eades elevated to archpriests.
- 2003 Jan: First New Zealand Clergy Conference (Antiochian) chaired by Abp. Paul at Frederic Wallis House, Lower Hutt.
- July: New Zealand Deanery of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand created. Archpriest Jack Witbrock appointed Dean.
|Dean of New Zealand (Antiochian)