Irénée (Rochon) of Ottawa
Revision as of 09:11, July 20, 2009 by Pistevo
|This article forms part of the series|
Orthodoxy in America
|American Orthodox Timeline |
American Orthodox Bibliography
Byzantines on OCA autocephaly
ROCOR and OCA
|Saints - Bishops - Writers|
|Antiochian - Bulgarian |
OCA - Romanian - Moscow
ROCOR - Serbian
|Christ the Saviour
|St. Tikhon's |
AOI - EOCS - IOCC - OCEC
OCF - OCL - OCMC - OCPM - OCLife
OISM - OTSA - SCOBA - SOCHA
|Amer. Orthodox Catholic Church |
Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black
Evangelical Orthodox Church
Holy Order of MANS/CSB
Society of Clerks Secular of St. Basil
|Edit this box|
Archimandrite Irénée (Rochon) is the bishop-elect of Québec City, as auxiliary bishop in the Archdiocese of Canada (OCA).
- 1948 Dec 25: Born in a large French Canadian family in Montreal.
- Primary and Secondary schooling was both done in English school system.
- 1961: Had first contact with Russian Orthodox Church in Rawdon, Quebec.
- 1967 Jan 20: Received into the Church by Abp Vitaly (ROCOR). Participated in parish life at St Nicholas Cathedral, Montreal.
- Participated in activities of McGill University OCF.
- 1971: Completed Bachelor of Arts in Slavic Studies at University of Ottawa.
- Subsequently joined Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville, NY, and studied at Holy Trinity Seminary.
- Blessed as a novice by Abp Averky. Under spiritual direction of Archim. Kiprian.
- 1974 Mar: Tonsured Rassophore Monk by Abp Averky.
- 1975 Mar: Tonsured Stavrophore Monk by Bp Laurus, receiving the name of Hieromartyr Irenee of Lyons.
- Was subsequently tonsured Reader and Sub-deacon by Bp Laurus to assist Abp Averky serve.
- 1978 Feb: Blessed by Bp Laurus (now abbot of Holy Trinity Monastery) to serve in the Francophone parishes in France.
- 1978 May 19: Ordained to the diaconate in Brussels, Belgium.
- 1978 Aug 20: Ordained to the priesthood in Geneva, Switzerland, by Abp Antony of Geneva.
- ~1982: Returned to serve the French Mission in Montreal.
- 1986: French Mission (led by Hmk Irenee and Hdcn Marc (Pierre)) was received into the OCA soon after the consecration of Seraphim (Storheim) as auxiliary bishop for the OCA Archdiocese of Canada.
- 1992: Elevated to Higoumène by Bp Seraphim to care for the Francophone monastics in Quebec.
- 1993: Assigned parish priest of St Benoît, a Francophone parish in Montreal.
- Also served as supply priest in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City.
- 1996: Assigned Administrator of the Russian Cemetry and St Seraphim's Russian Orthodox parish in Rawdon, Quebec. Completed this until 2007.
- 2008 Dec: Retired from his full-time secular employment in a Montreal hospital.
- 2009 Apr 2: Holy Synod of the OCA elevated Higoumène Irenee to Archimandrite, electing him to be auxiliary bishop for Abp Seraphim, with the title of Bishop of Quebec City.