Difference between revisions of "Holy Order of MANS"
(→Holy Order or MANS: Chiseling)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
*http://www.roadtoemmaus.net/editor_interview.html : .
Revision as of 21:23, November 10, 2005
|This article forms part of the series|
Orthodoxy in America
|American Orthodox Timeline |
American Orthodox Bibliography
Byzantines on OCA autocephaly
ROCOR and OCA
|Saints - Bishops - Writers|
|Antiochian - Bulgarian |
OCA - Romanian - Moscow
ROCOR - Serbian
|Christ the Saviour
|St. Tikhon's |
AOI - EOCS - IOCC - OCEC
OCF - OCL - OCMC - OCPM - OCLife
OISM - OTSA - SCOBA - SOCHA
|Amer. Orthodox Catholic Church |
Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black
Evangelical Orthodox Church
Holy Order of MANS/CSB
Society of Clerks Secular of St. Basil
|Edit this box|
The Holy Order of MANS (or HOOM) was a religious cult that started in the 1960s. The founder was an ex-engineer named Earl Blighton. MANS is an acronym for the greek words:
After denouncing the heresy involved with the religious movement, many of its members and hierarchy have joined the Orthodox Church. A thorough Orthodox explanation of the journey of the Holy Order of MANS and Christ the Saviour Brotherhood can be read in Again, Vol. 23, No. 1, January-March 2001, pp. 23-26
Some of the existing congregations that include former members/clergy of the Holy Order of MANS include:
- St. Herman of Alaska Orthodox Church (ROCOR) in Grand Rapids, MI
- St. John (Maximovitch) the Wonderworker Orthodox Church (OCA) in Atlanta, GA
These links can be used to expand this article or for sources of information.
Holy Order or MANS
- Holy Order of MANS from the Religious Movements Homepage
- Behind the Doors of Repentance: The Untold Details of the Journey of the Holy Order of MANS/Christ the Saviour Brotherhood and the St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood into the Canonical Orthodox Church by Melanie Jula Sakoda, JD
- HOOM Summary by Melanie Jula Sakoda, JD
- HOOM - Controversial Groups: a link repository for articles about the Order.
- Holy Order of MANS by Metareligion
- Road to Emmaus: A Journal of Orthodox Faith and Culture. A journal sponsored by Christ the Saviour Brotherhood
- Holy Order of MANS in Google Directory.
- St. John Maximovitch Serbian Orthodox Church in Eugene Oregon