Holy Monastery of the Life-giving Fount (Poros, Greece)
The Holy Monastery of the Life-giving Fount is an attractive 18th-century monastery that is found in Kalavria, 4km east of the main city on Poros island, Greece; built around the island's only spring. It was founded in 1720 AD by the Archbishop Iakovos II of Athens.
Archbishop Iakovos, suffering from lithiasis, was miraculously cured after drinking from the holy water springing near the monastery.
In 1733, Paisius II of Constantinople (1744-1748) recognised the monastery under the jurisdiction of Constantinople. The act gives it a lot of privileges. In 1798, Gregory V of Constantinople (1797-1798), ratified Paisios's second document relating to the priveleges of the monastery, with a sigillion (officially sealed document), kept in the quest quarters (Archondariki) of the monastery.