Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology (Brookline, Massachusetts)
The Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology is an Orthodox Christian seminary located in Brookline, Massachusetts. It is closely affiliated with Hellenic College, an undergraduate institution which is located on the same campus.
The institution was originally founded as Holy Cross Theological School in 1937 in Pomfret, Connecticut. In 1946 the school was moved to Brookline, Massachusetts. In 1966, Holy Cross expanded its collegiate division into a full four-year liberal arts college, a distinct undergraduate institution known as Hellenic College. Holy Cross offers graduate programs of study leading to the degrees of Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Theological Studies (M.T.S.), and Master of Theology (Th.M.). Holy Cross has developed into an accredited graduate school of theology, and as such has become one of the most important institutions of the Orthodox Church in the Western hemisphere.
Holy Cross is an institution of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, and the current president is the Rev. Fr. Nicholas C. Triantafilou.
|This article forms part of the series|
Orthodoxy in America
|American Orthodox Timeline |
American Orthodox Bibliography
Byzantines on OCA autocephaly
ROCOR and OCA
|Saints - Bishops - Writers|
|Antiochian - Bulgarian |
OCA - Romanian - Moscow
ROCOR - Serbian
|Christ the Saviour
|St. Tikhon's |
AOI - EOCS - IOCC - OCEC
OCF - OCL - OCMC - OCPM - OCLife
OISM - OTSA - SCOBA - SOCHA
|Amer. Orthodox Catholic Church |
Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black
Evangelical Orthodox Church
Holy Order of MANS/CSB
Society of Clerks Secular of St. Basil
|Edit this box|
- Rev. Nicholas Tirantifilou: President of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School Of Theology
- Rev. Dr. Emmanuel Clapsis. Fields of Interest: Dogmatic Theology, Contemporary Christian theologies, Ecumenical Theology, Christian responses to postmodern cultural realities.
- V. Rev. Dr. Joachim Costonis: Director of Archbishop Iakovos Library and Learning Resource Center. Fields of Expertise: liturgical arts, manuscript illumination, religious iconography of Byzantine lead seals, and Christian iconography.
- Rev. Dr. George Dion Dragas
- Rev. Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald. Fields of Interest: Church History and Historical Theology.
- Mr. Photios Ketzetzis. Field of Expertise: Byzantine Music.
- Dr. Philip Mamalakis. Field of Interest: Pastoral Theology.
- Dr Lewis Patsavos. Fields of Interest: Canonical Tradition and Field Education.
- Dr. James C. Skedros. Field of Interest: Church History.
- Rev. Dr. Theodore Stylianopoulos. Fields of Interest: New Testament, especially Matthew, John, and Paul. Hermeneutics and Patristic Exegesis. Orthodox Theology and Spirituality. Jewish-Christian Relations.
- Dr. Evie Zachariades-Holmberg. Professor of Classics and Ecclesiastical Greek.
- Rev. Dr. Eugen J. Pentiuc. Fields of Interest: Old Testament, Hebrew.
- Rev. Nifon Abraham
- Dr. George Bebis
- Rev Nicholas M. Kastanas - Byzantine Music.
- Rev. Phillip Zamaris - Teleturgics and Chaplin.
- Rev. Dr. Frank Marangos - Religious Education
- Dr. Dean Limberakis - Music