Talk pages are an integral part of OrthodoxWiki. There are at least two kinds of talk pages: talk pages for users and talk pages related to articles or project pages.
Here are some tips for using talk pages:
- Sign your comments.
- You can sign your comments by putting four tildes after them: ~~~~ or by clicking the "signature" box just above the edit box (second from the right).
- Place your new comments at the bottom of the section or page.
- Do not edit someone else's comments unless this is to correct a broken link or remove vandalism.
- Do not edit your comments after they have been responded to; simply state your revision.
- You may indent your response with one additional colon at the very beginning of a line.
User talk pages
When there is a new message on a user's talk page, when he logs in, he will see a brightly-colored box at the top of any page on OrthodoxWiki with a link to his talk page. This box will disappear when the user checks the page.
- When you wish to leave a comment for another user, go to that user's talk page and comment.
- If you place a response on your own talk page, do not expect it to be read or noticed.