Gregory the Wonderworker
Saint Gregory the Wonderworker, also known as Gregory Thaumaturgus or Gregory of Neocaesarea, (ca. 213 – ca. 270 AD) was a Christian bishop of the 3rd century. He is commemorated by the Church on November 17
(Note - This is not theVenerable Gregory the Wonderworker of the Kiev Near Caves
- You became worthy of your name through your way of life:
- Through your vigilance in prayer and your constant constant works of mercy.
- Therefore, O Father Gregory, beseech Christ God to enlighten our minds,
- That we may not sleep in sin, which leads to death!
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- You received the power to perform miracles,
- Frightening the devils and healing the sick through your wonderworking.
- All-wise Father Gregory,
- Your deeds truly entitle you to be called "Wonderworker"!
- Life of Saint Gregory the Wonderworker
- From Wikipedia
- St Gregory the Wonderworker of Neocaesarea
- Vita, opere e storia del culto di San Gregorio Taumaturgo, Padre della Chiesa d'Oriente e d'Occidente, a cura di Domenico Condito.