Difference between revisions of "Gerasimos of the Jordan"
m (fixing cat, various minor cleanups Ⓣ)
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 19:52, July 18, 2007
Our venerable and God-bearing Father Gerasimos of the Jordan (also Gerasimus) was a monk who lived during the fifth century. He attended the Fourth Ecumenical Council at Chalcedon in 451 AD. His feast day is celebrated on March 4.
Troparion - Tone 1
- O dweller of the desert and angel in the body,
- You appeared to us a wonderworker.
- O God-bearing Father Gerasimus
- By fasting, vigil and prayer, you received heavenly gifts;
- Healing the sick and the souls of those drawn to you by faith:
- Glory to Him who gave you strength!
- Glory to Him who gave you a crown!
- Glory to Him who through you gives healing to all! 
Kontakion - Tone 4
- O Father, you burned with heavenly love,
- Preferring the harshness of the Jordan desert to all the delights of the world!
- Therefore a wild beast submitted to you even to your death.
- He died in obedience and grief on your grave.
- Thus our God glorified you.
- Now, as you stand before him, O Father Gerasimus,
- Ever be mindful of us!