|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Metr. Basil
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Myron
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
The Reverend Father Dimitri Tsakas is the rector of the Greek Orthodox Church of St George, Brisbane, as well as being the Archdiocesan Vicar-General of Queensland and New Guinea.
- 1966 - Dimitri was born in Brisbane. He would receive his school education from Junction Park State School and Brisbane State High School, and then moved to Townsville to complete his undergraduate degree in Social Work, with honours in Social Policy. After graduation, he worked with disadvantaged groups in Townsville and rural Queensland in the Department of Social Security.
- 1988 - Dimitri married Michelle. The next year, they moved to Brisbane.
- 1989 - Dimitri practised social work in psychiatric disability.
- 1991 - Began practicing as Family Court Counsellor in the Family Court of Australia, Brisbane.
- May - Dimitri is ordained by Archbishop Stylianos of Australia to the diaconate at the Church of St George, where he is assigned to serve.
- 1994 - At the end of this year, Dcn Dimitri was ordained to the priesthood.
- 1995 - Fr Dimitri began studies at St. Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College, Sydney, serving parishes in Sydney at the same time.
- 1997 - At the end of this year, having graduated from St. Andrew's with a Bachelor of Theology, Fr Dimitri was again placed at the Church of St George, Brisbane, where he currently serves as rector of the parish with two assistant priests.
- 2001 - Fr Dimitri was elevated to the rank of Economos.
List of Articles
- Biography, on the website of the Greek Orthodox Church of St George.
- Sermon on the Publican and the Pharisee.
- Article in 1999, within the Voice in the Wilderness, on The Prodigal Son.
- Article in 2000, within the Voice in the Wilderness, on Church Etiquette.
- Article in 2004, within the Voice in the Wilderness, on the Importance of Confession.
- A book on incarnational theology, That Our Joy May Be Complete, in which Fr Dimitri has an essay the Orthodox viewpoint.
V. Rev. Fr. Gregory Sakellariou
|Archdiocesan Vicar-General of the Fourth Archdiocesan District of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia