Demetri (Khoury) of Jableh
His Grace Demetri (Matta Khoury), Titular Bishop of Jableh, was an auxiliary bishop in the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America from 1995 to approx. 2003.
Born: Taybeh-Ramallah, West Bank Region September 20, 1948, to the V.Rev. Ibrahim and Hanneh Khoury.
- Our Lady of Balamand Monastery, Koura, Lebanon
- St. John of Damascus Orthodox Theological Academy (Balamand) Koura, Lebanon
- Hellenic College, Brookline, MA (1974 -- B.A. in Philosophy and Religion)
- Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Brookline, MA (1978 -- M.Div.)
- Deacon, September 6, 1975
- Priest, September 7, 1975
- Archimandrite, 1981 by Metropolitan Philip
- Bishop, March 12, 1995, by Patriarch Ignatius IV, in St. Mary Cathedral (Mother Cathedral of the Antiochian Patriarchate), Damascus, Syria
- Pastor, St. George Church, Boston, MA
- Pastor, St. Mary Church, Cambridge, MA
- St. George Church, Allentown, PA
- Dean, St. Nicholas Cathedral, Brooklyn, NY
- Dean, St. George Cathedral, Coral Gable, FL
- Bishop of Jableh (Syria); Auxiliary Bishop, Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America (March, 12th 1995-2003 ); assigned by Metropolitan Philip to Toledo, OH, Chancery.
Vicar of the Iglesia Católica Apostólica Ortodoxa De Antioquia México-Venezuela-Centroamérica-El Caribe in the Exarcado De El Caribe
THE DIVINE LITURGY OF THE PRESANCTIFIED GIFTS THE DIVINE AND HOLY GOSPEL BOOK THE LITURGICAL GUIDE FOR PRIESTS, CHANTERS, AND CHOIRS The GREAT EUHOLOGION (translated from Arabic and Greek texts of the Typicon) THE SERVICE BOOK OF THE BISHOP in English. THE BOOK OF THE TYPICON (Translated from Arabic into English) HANDBOOK OF THE FAITHFUL A CLOUD OF WITNESSES – SAINTS AND MARTYRS FROM THE HOLY LAND THE BOOK OF THE PROPHOTOLOGION (Contains the Old Testament Lectionary readings appointed at Vespers and at other services during the Liturgical year of the EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCH
- Gillquist, Peter E., "The Elevation of Demetri (Khoury) to the Holy Episcopacy" WORD MAGAZINE 39.5 (May 1995), 4-8.