Cosmas and Damian
Cosmas and Damian may refer to several different pairs of unmercenary saints:
- Cosmas and Damian of Rome (July 1)
- These Saints, who are different from those that are celebrated in November, were from Rome. They were physicians, freely bestowing healing upon beasts and men, asking nothing from the healed other than that they confess and believe in Christ. They ended their life in martyrdom in the year 284, under the Emperors Carinus and Numerian.
- Apolytikion in the Plagal of the Fourth Tone
- Sainted Unmercenaries and Wonder Workers, regard our infirmities; freely you have received, freely share with us.
- Having received the grace of healing, ye extend health to those in need, O glorious and wonderworking physicians. Hence, by your visitation, cast down the audacity of our enemies, and by your miracles, heal the world.
- Cosmas and Damian of Asia Minor (November 1)
- Cosmas and Damian of Arabia (October 17)