Difference between revisions of "Coptic Orthodox Church in Europe"
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
Revision as of 09:28, July 13, 2007
The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria has many churches and congregations in Europe and on June 2, 1974 His Holiness Pope Shenouda III has received in the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria a native Orthodox Church in France known as the French Orthodox Eparchy, along with their Primate, who in turn was accepted after consecration into the Episcopate, in the Holy Synod of the Church of Alexandria and hence was appointed their Primate His Grace Marcos (Mark), as the first Bishop and His Grace Athanasius as Chorbishop of The French Orthodox Eparchy.
Currently there are many Metropolitans and Bishops serving in Europe.
His Grace Gabriel, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Vienna and all Austria.
Church of Skt Maria & Skt Markus served by Fr Angelos Girges .
Further information see The French Coptic Orthodox Church
On June 19, 1994 in presence of 62 Metropolitans and Bishops of The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria His Holiness Pope Shenouda III elevated His Grace Marcos (Mark) as the first Metropolitan of the Holy Metropolis of Toulon and All France and Primate of The French Coptic Orthodox Church and His Grace Athanasius as Auxiliary Bishop Assistant to H.E Marcos
The French Coptic Orthodox Church has a Metropolitan and an Auxiliary Bishop and about 11-12 Priests and 2-3 Deacons in about 12-15 parishes and missions across France.
His Eminence Marcus (Mark), Metropolitan of the Holy Metropolis of Toulon and All France, and Primate of The French Coptic Orthodox Church.
His Grace Athanasius, Auxiliary Bishop of the Holy Metropolis of Toulon and All France, Assistant to H.E Marcos, The French Coptic Orthodox Church.
The Church is integrated within the Church of Alexandria, but is considered autonomous in matter of governance.
His Grace Damian, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Höxter-Brenkenhausen, Kroeffelbach and All Germany and Abbot of the Monastery of Saint Anthony the Great in Kroeffelbach, Germany.
His Grace Barnaba, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Torino and Southern Italy.
His Grace Kyrillos (Cyril), Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Milano and Northern Italy and Abbot of the Monastery of Saint Shenouda the Archimandrite in Milan.
There is a large Coptic community in the Netherlands mainly in the major cities, they have churches in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Eindhoven, Den haag and Assen.
One church in Geneva and one church in Zurich.
The United Kingdom and Ireland
His Grace Bishop Anthony, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Ireland, Scotland and North East England, United Kingdom.
His Grace Bishop Missael, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of the Midlands and Affiliated Regions, United Kingdom. - 
His Grace Bishop Angaelos, General Bishop & Patriarchal Exarch for the Youth Ministry at the Patriarchal Center and the Coptic Orthodox Theological College at Stevenage, United Kingdom.
Eritrean church; His Grace Bishop Markos (Mark), Bishop of the Eritrean Church in the United Kingdom. Member of the Eritrean Holy Synod.
- The French Coptic Orthodox Church website http://eocf.free.fr/eglisep_eng.htm
- http://koptisk.dk/ Coptic Orthodox Church in Denmark
- Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
- List of Coptic Orthodox Popes of Alexandria
- Patriarch of Alexandria
- Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria
- The Holy Synod of the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria
- Coptic Orthodox Church in South America
- Coptic Orthodox Church in the United States
- Oriental Orthodoxy
- British Orthodox Church
- Christianity in Africa
- St Mary’s and St Abu Saifain’s Coptic Orthodox Church Risca , South Wales.
- Saint Mary and Saint Abasikhiron Coptic Orthodox Church Llandudno, North Wales.
- The French Coptic Orthodox Church
- Coptic Orthodox Church in the United Kingdom
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Denmark
- Coptic Church in Eindhoven
- The French Coptic Orthodox Church website
- Coptic Othodox Diocese of the Midlands & its Affiliated regions UK
- British Coptic Orthodox Church website
- Coptic Orthodox Centre Stevenage