Coptic Orthodox Church in Asia
The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria has many churches and congregations in the continent of Asia
As Egypt is the only Afro-Asian country then all the Coptic Orthodox Eparchies in the peninsula of Sinai are in Asia
Two Eparchies, each lead by a Bishop.
El Arish and All North Sinai
El-Tor and all South Sinai
His Eminence Abraham, Metropolitan of the Holy and Great City of Our Lord, Jerusalem, Holy Zion, Archbishop of the Holy Archdiocese of Jerusalem, All Palestine, Philadelphia of Jordan and all the Near East.
This Archdiocese has many churches in Israel, the Palestenian territories, Libanon, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen.
This great archdiocesan Metropolis is technically outside the Egyptian Province and was not originally counted within the jurisdiction of the Pope of Alexandria and it was created by Pope Cyril III (1235-1243) in the Thirteenth Century, which, at that time, had caused a dispute between the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria and the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch.. This was a very rare incident between the two sister churches as in general their relationship is one of the strongest between any two sister churches. 
The Coptic Orthodox Metropolitan of Jerusalem is the only Coptic Orthodox Metropolitan who is consecrated as a Metropolitan Archbishop without being consecrated a bishop first then elevated to the Metropolitan rank later as is the norm in all episcopal consecration according to the tradition of the Church of Alexandria. This has been the case since Cyril III consecrated Metropolitan Basilius as the first Coptic Orthodox Metropolitan of Jerusalem and All the Near East.
This wide area comes under the Diocese of Sydney, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory and All East Asia whose Hierarch is His Grace Daniel, Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Sydney, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and All East Asia.
Father Thomas Kanazaki (Japanese born Coptic priest) has been appointed to be the first serving Coptic priest in Japan, serving St. Mark the Evangelist Coptic Orthodox Church, Japan, the first altar for the Coptic Orthodox Church in this country.
- Japan section at the Web site of the Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Sydney & its Affiliated Regions
- The Coptic Circle - Japan
- History of the Coptic Church, Iris Habib Elmasry
- History of the Coptic Orthodox Church, Abouna Menassa Elkomos Youhanna 1923
- Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
- The Holy Synod of the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria
- Oriental Orthodoxy
- Christianity in Africa
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Africa
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Australia
- Coptic Orthodox Church in the United States
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Canada
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Europe
- Coptic Orthodox Church in South America
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Japan