Difference between revisions of "Chrysostomos II (Demetriou) of Nea Justiniana"
m (→External links)
m (updated last name to match article title)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
His Beatitude Archbishop '''Chrysostomos (
His Beatitude Archbishop '''Chrysostomos ()''' of Nea Justiniana and All Cyprus is the [[Archbishop]] of the [[Church of Cyprus]].
Revision as of 20:13, January 31, 2008
- 1941 April 10: Born in the village of Tala, near Paphos, in south of Cyprus.
- Tonsured after secondary school.
- 1963: Ordained to diaconate. Sent to study theology at University of Athens. Later graduated and ordained to priesthood.
- 1972: Made abbot of Monastery of St Neophytos
- 1978-2006: Made Metropolitan of Paphos.
- 2004 April: Spoke out against UN plan for reunification of Cyprus (which was eventually rejected in popular vote).
- 2006 May 17: Locum tenens of Church of Cyprus. Told press during election that he would remain in office for five years at most.
- 2006 November 5: Elected Archbishop of Nea Justiniana and Primate of the Church of Cyprus, defeating Metropolitan Athanasios of Limassol.
- 12: Enthroned at St Nicholas Cathedral of Nicosia.
Chrysostomos II (Demetriou) of Nea Justiniana
|Archbishop of Cyprus
- The Messenger, Episcopal Vicariate of Great Britain and Ireland, February 2007