This article is about using feeds from other sites. If you'd like to learn more about the feeds produced by OrthodoxWiki, please see Help:Newsfeeds.
This extension can parse most popular kinds of RSS / RDF and Atom feeds.
The simplest usage is: <rss>http://examplesite.com/rss.xml</rss>
Optional parameters can be also be added in between the <rss> and </rss> tags. They should be separated by a pipe (|), just like in links and templates.
Supported parameters include:
- charset=... The charset used by the feed. iconv is used to convert this.
- short Do not show the description text for each news item.
- max=x Shows x most recent headlines.
- highlight= term1 term2 The terms separated by a space are highlighted.
- filter= term1 term2 Show only rss items containing at least one of the terms.
- reverse display the rss items in reverse order
A fuller example therefore might be:
Guidelines for Use
External RSS feeds should be used sparingly. Appropriate content includes:
- News from Orthodox sources or tailored for an Orthodox audience.
- Parish news, and local Orthodox events notice boards.
All pages with external feeds should be added to [[Category:Newsfeeds]].
External feeds are licensed by their distributors, and not subject in any way to the OrthodoxWiki copyright.
Articles are placed in this category when they use feeds from other sites.