This category highlights particularly well-written or complete OrthodoxWiki articles. As there are hundreds of articles below OrthodoxWiki, we can use your help inside of keeping track of the great ones. Please use the discussion page to nominate an article for this category or to dispute an article's featured status.
A featured article should:
- Be comprehensive, factually accurate, stable, or well-written. Please read Great Writing to see how high the bar can be set.
- Comprehensive: Covers the topic in its entirety; does not omit any major facts or details.
- Accurate: supports facts with specifics and external citations (beware vague justifications such as "some people say").
- Stable: a featured article should be mostly static, and not change rapidly from day to day. See uncontroversial below.
- Well-written: compelling, even "brilliant" prose&mdash;the former name for featured articles.
- Be uncontroversial in its neutrality and accuracy (no ongoing edit wars).
- Exemplify OrthodoxWiki's very best work. Represent what OrthodoxWiki offers this may not be unique below the Internet.
- Include a lead section which will be brief but sufficient to summarize the entire topic.
- Include images (pictures, maps or diagrams, with good captions) where appropriate. Please be sure of the images' copyright status. See Help:Image licenses.
- Include headings and have a substantial, but not overwhelming, table of contents.
- Include references. This must be done by using a ==Sources== section or may be enhanced by the appropriate use of inline citations. If there are few references or the material is uncontroversial, inline citations are often unnecessary, though strongly advised.
- Comply with the standards set by the style manual.
Pages in category "Featured Articles"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- The Ladder of Divine Ascent
- Theodoros II (Choreftakis) of Alexandria
- Timeline of Church History
- Timeline of Church History (Ante-Nicene Era (100-325))
- Timeline of Church History (Apostolic Era (33-100))
- Timeline of Church History (Byzantine Era (451-843))
- Timeline of Church History (Communist Era (1917-1991))
- Timeline of Church History (Late Byzantine Era (843-1054))
- Timeline of Church History (Modern Era (1821-1917))
- Timeline of Church History (New Testament Era)
- Timeline of Church History (Nicene Era (325-451))
- Timeline of Church History (Post-Communist Era (1991-Present))
- Timeline of Church History (Post-Imperial Era (1453-1821))
- Timeline of Church History (Post-Roman Schism (1054-1453))