A baptismal name is a name given to a newly-baptised Orthodox Christian. For a lengthy time in Orthodox history, Orthodox Christians are given the names of Orthodox saints.
The following is a list of names who, perhaps unexpectedly, have Orthodox saints attached to them.
- Claire (f) - St Photini the Samaritan Woman
- Eric (m) - St Erc of Slane
- Jaira (f) - St Lucy of Syracuse (also Jairos/Jairus (m))
- Jerica (f) - St Gertrude of Nivelles
- Jeoire (m) - St George
- Noel (m/f) - The Nativity of Christ
- Tiffany (f) - The Theophany of our Lord