Forty days after the Resurrection, while blessing His disciples (Gospel of Luke 24:50-51), Christ ascended into heaven, taking His place at the right hand of the Father (Gospel of Mark 16:19 and Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed).
- O Christ God, You have ascended in Glory,
- Granting joy to Your disciples by the promise of the Holy Spirit.
- Through the blessing they were assured
- That You are the Son of God,
- The Redeemer of the world!
Kontakion (Tone 6)
- When You did fulfill the dispensation for our sake,
- And unite earth to Heaven:
- You did ascend in glory, O Christ our God,
- Not being parted from those who love You,
- But remaining with them and crying:
- I am with you and no one will be against you