The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Tertius is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. He wrote down the Apostle Paul's letter to the Romans, and was Bishop in Iconium after the Apostle Sosipater. He died a martyr. The Church remembers St. Tertius on October 30 and November 10.
- Holy Apostles, Erastus, Olympas, Herodian, Sosipater, Quartus and Tertius,
- entreat the merciful God,
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- Illumined by divine light, O holy apostles,
- you wisely destroyed the works of idolatry.
- When you caught all the pagans you brought them to the Master
- and taught them to glorify the Trinity.