Difference between revisions of "Apostle Tertius"
m (→External links: ro)
|(5 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Latest revision as of 17:39, October 24, 2012
The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Tertius (also Tertios) is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. He wrote down the Apostle Paul's letter to the Romans, and was Bishop in Iconium after the Apostle Sosipater. He died a martyr. The Church remembers St. Tertius on October 30 and November 10.
- Holy Apostles, Erastus, Olympas, Herodian, Sosipater, Quartus and Tertius,
- entreat the merciful God,
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- Illumined by divine light, O holy apostles,
- you wisely destroyed the works of idolatry.
- When you caught all the pagans you brought them to the Master
- and taught them to glorify the Trinity.
- Apostle Tertius of the Seventy, October 30 (OCA)
- Apostle Tertius of the Seventy, November 10 (OCA)
- Erastos, Olympas, Herodion, Sosipatros, Quartus, Tertios, Apostles of the 70 (GOARCH)
- The Holy Apostles Cleopas, Tertius, Mark, Justus and Artemas (Prologue of Ohrid, October 30)
- The Holy Apostles Olympas, Erastus, Quartus, Herodion, Sosipater and Tertius (Prologue of Ohrid, November 10)