The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Stachys is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. Along with the Apostles Urban, Amplias, Narcissus, Apelles and Aristobulus he assisted the Apostle Andrew. St. Andrew ordained St. Stachys bishop in Byzantium, where he governed his flock with faith and zeal for sixteen years. He reposed peacefully in the Lord. His feast day is October 31.
Troparion (Tone 3)
- Holy Apostles of the Seventy: Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- entreat the merciful God
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 8)
- Let us thankfully praise the wise Apostles
- Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- those treasures of the Holy Spirit and rays of the Sun of glory,
- who were gathered together by the grace of our God.
(Assigned by St. Andrew)
|Bishop of Byzantium (Constantinople)
38 – 54