The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Rufus (also Roufos) is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. He was bishop of Thebes in Greece, and is referenced in Romans 16:13. His feast day is April 8. He is also commemorated on January 4 (The Synaxis of the Seventy Apostles).
- Let us praise in hymns the six–fold choir of Apostles:
- Herodion and Agabus,
- Rufus, Asyncritus, Phlegon and holy Hermes.
- They ever entreat the Trinity for our souls!
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- You became the disciples of Christ
- And all-holy Apostles,
- O glorious Herodion, Agabus and Rufus,
- Asyncritus, Phlegon and Hermes.
- Ever entreat the Lord
- To grant forgiveness of transgressions
- To us who sing your praises.
Kontakion (Tone 4)
- Like stars, O holy Apostles,
- You illumine the way of the faithful with the light of the Holy Spirit.
- You dispel the darkness of error as you gaze on God the Word!
- St. Nikolai Velimirovic, The Prologue of Ohrid