Difference between revisions of "Apostle Philologos"
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Latest revision as of 17:31, October 24, 2012
The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Philologos (also Philologus) is numbered among the Seventy Apostles, and is commemorated with them on January 4. He is also commemorated on November 5 together with Ss. Patrobas, Hermas, Linus, and Gaius.
- Holy apostle Philologus of the Seventy;
- Entreat the merciful;
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O apostle Philologus,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."
- Apostle Philologus of the Seventy, November 5 (OCA)