Difference between revisions of "Apostle Erastus"
m (category sort, feast days, external links)
m (→External links: ro)
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Revision as of 20:24, April 16, 2008
The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Erastus (also Erastos) is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. He served as a deacon and steward of the Church at Jerusalem and later of Paneas in Palestine. The Church remembers St. Erastus on January 4 among the Seventy, and on November 10.
- Holy Apostles, Erastus, Olympas, Herodion, Sosipater, Quartus and Tertius,
- entreat the merciful God,
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- Illumined by divine light, O holy apostles,
- you wisely destroyed the works of idolatry.
- When you caught all the pagans you brought them to the Master
- and taught them to glorify the Trinity.
- Apostle Erastus of the Seventy, November 10 (OCA)
- Apostle Erastus of the Seventy, January 4 (OCA)
- Erastos, Olympas, Herodion, Sosipatros, Quartus, Tertios, Apostles of the 70 (GOARCH)