The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Asuncritus was numbered among the Seventy Apostles. He was bishop of Hyracania in Asia. The Apostle Paul mentions him in his letter to the Romans (cf. 16:14). The Church remembers St. Asyncritus on April 8.
- Let us praise in hymns the six–fold choir of Apostles:
- Herodion and Agabus,
- Rufus, Asyncritus, Phlegon and holy Hermes.
- They ever entreat the Trinity for our souls!
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- You became the disciples of Christ
- And all-holy Apostles,
- O glorious Herodion, Agabus and Rufus,
- Asyncritus, Phlegon and Hermes.
- Ever entreat the Lord
- To grant forgiveness of transgressions
- To us who sing your praises.
Kontakion (Tone 4)
- Like stars, O holy Apostles,
- You illumine the way of the faithful with the light of the Holy Spirit.
- You dispel the darkness of error as you gaze on God the Word!