Difference between revisions of "Apostle Asyncritus"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 13:33, October 25, 2012
The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Asyncritus (also Asynkritos) was numbered among the Seventy Apostles. He was bishop of Hyracania in Asia. The Apostle Paul mentions him in his letter to the Romans (cf. 16:14). The Church remembers St. Asyncritus on April 8.
- Let us praise in hymns the six–fold choir of Apostles:
- Herodion and Agabus,
- Rufus, Asyncritus, Phlegon and holy Hermes.
- They ever entreat the Trinity for our souls!
Kontakion (Tone 2)
- You became the disciples of Christ
- And all-holy Apostles,
- O glorious Herodion, Agabus and Rufus,
- Asyncritus, Phlegon and Hermes.
- Ever entreat the Lord
- To grant forgiveness of transgressions
- To us who sing your praises.
Kontakion (Tone 4)
- Like stars, O holy Apostles,
- You illumine the way of the faithful with the light of the Holy Spirit.
- You dispel the darkness of error as you gaze on God the Word!