Difference between revisions of "Apostle Amplias"
m (→External links: ro)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 22:00, April 16, 2008
The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Amplias is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. Along with the Apostles Urban, Stachys, Narcissus, Apelles and Aristobulus he assisted the Apostle Andrew. St. Andrew ordained St. Amplias bishop in Lydda of Odyssopolis (Diospolis) in Judea. He died a martyr, and his feast day is October 31.
- Holy Apostles of the Seventy: Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban,
- Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- entreat the merciful God
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 8)
- Let us thankfully praise the wise Apostles
- Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- those treasures of the Holy Spirit and rays of the Sun of glory,
- who were gathered together by the grace of our God.